March 5, 2017
Memory Verse of the Week:
"The Lord your God has chosen you out of all the people to be His people, His treasured possession." - Deuteronomy 7:6
Something to Talk About:
- What happens to us when we are baptized?
- What does the water of baptism represent?
- What does it mean to be a member of the family of God?
Something to Do:
- Using magazines have family members cut out pictures that represent their interests, hopes and personality. Make a collage with these pictures. Make a banner with each member’s collage. Put each family member's art work side by side on the banner. Write the words, "We Are God's Family" on the banner. Have each family member write their name under their art work and display it in your home.
- Look at a collection of family photos. As a family discuss what the word "Family" means and what people in a family do together. Draw or make a collage of these things. Then discuss what it means to be in God's family and those things we do as part of God's family Ask them what they can do as a member of God's family.
- Plan a family event or outing.
- If your child has been baptized, take out your child's Baptismal certificate, candle, and any photos or videos you have from that event. Recount what happened that day and how you were feeling, and what it meant for you to see your son/daughter baptized that day. Talk about your prayers for your child on that day and the prayers that your child's baptism meant to the people who were watching it (the people in the church).
- Read through the Baptismal Service http://anglicanchurch.net/?/main/texts_for_common_prayer
- Read the Chapter Belonging in Alleluia Amen !and color the pictures